Why is the Knollhof the ideal crosscountry Hotel for you?
- Crosscountry packages-Booking
- Packages for beginners and Rebeginners
- Trails directly by the hotel
- ski storage with wax possibilty - boot dryer
- Sport shop with rental possibility
- Floodlight trail (5.00 pm to 9.00pm) 300 m from the hotel in the stadium
- Glacier trail
- Laundry possibilty in the hotel
- Sunny meadows around the Hotel
Cross-country skiing and ski skating are booming like never before, they have become most popular winter sports. Beautiful scenery and groomed as well as track-set ski trails invite you to join this winter delight. Ramsau am Dachstein is a top destination for Nordic ski sports: come and ski where the Nordic World Ski Championships 1999 took place.
The entire network of the Ramsau am Dachstein cross-country trails counts 220 km. It is set in altitudes from 1.100 m up to 2.700 m and offers all levels of difficulty, thus being suitable for easy-going skiers as well as for top athletes. As a highlight, the trails at the Ramsau cross-country stadium are floodlit in the evenings until 21 h. As an additional service, there is the kids' cross-country park, where the little ones can take their first steps on skis playfully. The cross-country stadium in Ramsau Ort is a central starting point of the Nordic skiing offer, where you can also find an appropriate test centre. Ramsau's ski schools are happy to provide advice and assistance. Please do not hesitate to check the top-conditions of our cross-country trails regularly and let the snow-pleasure kick in! The cross-country tracks on the Dachstein glacier are very popular amongst top athletes, being THE international training centre for cross-country skiers, biathletes as well as Nordic combined athletes. But still, the Dachstein glacier is a great place for anyone enjoying easy-going Nordic skiing on the "Panorama trail" with unique views on an altitude of 2.700 m.
The "Sun Trail" runs right past the Knollhof, giving you immediate access to the wide-ranging trail network of the Ramsau.
You can book cross-country courses at the Pitzer Ski School right here at the hotel, where you can also purchase or rent cross-country skis, boots and poles.
Obtain your trail pass directly from the hotel.
- 150 km trails track-set for classic skiing and 70 km groomed trails for Ski skating/sport trails in the trail map
- 13 cross country loop trails
- various levels of difficulty, length (up to 30 km) and altitude (plateau and glacier trails)?
- floodlit trails at the Ramsau stadium (2,5 km, every day from 17 to 21 h)
- kids' cross country park
- 80 possibilities to stop for a drink and a bite along the trails
- top cross country ski schools
- snow making facilities
- awarded with the Styrian cross country trail seal of quality
- various leisure options: winter walking, snowshoeing, guest-biathlon, rides on a horse-drawn sleigh, Alpine skiing, ski touring, moonlight tobogganing, indoor pool and much more
Awarded cross country trails
In 2012, the cross country skiing destination Ramsau am Dachstein was re-elected to be one of the TOP 3 Alpine areas for cross country skiing by the ADAC Ski Guide! Also, the trails have been awarded with the Styrian cross country trail seal of quality: it stands for quality, safety and customer focus.